with French Chef Reine Sammut
Turkey has 300 days of sunshine, a gorgeous coastline of untouched bays bordered by the Taurus Mountains and an impressive number of diverse, ancient Lycian, Pamphylian and Greco-Roman cities bathed in sunlight.
The cradle of sailing since the dawn of civilization, Turkey offers a multitude of idyllic cruises along the lacy coasts and golden beaches of the turquoise Aegean and Mediterranean seas. History and culture combined with the warm hospitality of the locals and their picturesque villages make sailing along the Turkish coast an unforgettable experience. Most of these fabulous ancient sites can only be reached by boat!
If this sounds like your dream come true, join us and let yourself be transported to a world of virgin islands, protected inlets and quiet bays carved in a land of natural and archeological treasures which bear witness to 5000 years of history and mythology. Lounge on the deck, swim, dive, and let yourself be immersed in heavenly surroundings while the boat takes you leisurely along the coast. Every night, we will anchor in a different harbor and enjoy different Turkish specialties, many of which we will cook with our chef, Reine Sammut ( a Michelin 1-star from Lourmarin, France).
Reine will be our hostess / chef / friend all week long as we explore the markets, treasured sites, and cook the healthiest, most delicious food imaginable.
- Arrive at the Dalaman airport in the afternoon, where we will be met and taken to the Marina Gocek, in the Bay of Fethiyé
- Settle into your cabins on-board the Fratello, beautifully equipped for our idyllic cruise
- Cocktails and introduction to the crew
- Welcome dinner on-board with Chef Reine Sammut
- Morning cooking class on classic Turkish cuisine
- After the class, a swim before lunch
- Lunch, feasting on our creations
- Afternoon exploration of Gocek
- Dinner on-board
- A full day exploring Gocek and its 12 islands
- Breakfast, cooking class, swim, lunch, siesta
- Another lovely dinner at nightfall
- A morning visit on land to Fethiyé after breakfast. The visit will include the marvelous traditional market, the Acropolis, the tombs of Telmessos, and the Roman amphitheatre. Fethiyé is also known for its colorful bazaar, where we will do some wonderful shopping.
- Return to the boat for lunch
- Tea time and cooking class in the late afternoon
- Apertifs and dinner on-board.
- Fethiyé – Baba Adasi
- Leave Fethiyé after breakfast
- A day of sailing and discovering the beautiful coastline treasures, arriving at Baba Adasi, a tiny island with an amazing ancient lighthouse. We will enjoy lunch, tea, swimming and dinner as we sail.
- We will moor in a beautiful inlet with stunning cliffs
- Baba Adasi – Ekincik
- Leave Baba Adasi after breakfast for a day of sailing en route to Ekincik
- A morning swim, cooking class, and lunch
- In the afternoon, we will explore the most important cultural sites including the tombs of renowned Lycians in the cliffs
- On land we will visit the ruins of this ancient village, incredibly well-preserved with its Greek/Roman Theatre and Thermal Baths.
- We will return to our boat, the Fratello, for dinner
- Last swim and lunch before returning to Gocek
- Afternoon visit to Gocek and its bazaar to purchase a few more treasures
- Aperitifs at sunset followed by a sublime farewell dinner
- Tranfers to the Dalaman airport after breakfast
Accommodations & Cost
Accommodations: A cruise on Le Fratello, beautifully equipped with deluxe staterooms, each with a private bathroom with a shower.
Included in the cost: Seven-nights accommodations on board; all ground transportation; all meals including aperitifs and carefully selected wines; all cooking classes; and all sightseeing and private visits as described above. Limited to ten people.
Not Included in Cost: Airfare to and from Dalaman airport.
Cost: $4,990.00 per person, single supplement $2000.00. Important note: substantial changes in the value of the dollar may require changes in the price of the tour.
Deposit: $1000.00 per person.
Register for this trip — check-out the general information section about Les Liaisons Délicieuses trips — see what other travelers have to say — check for when this trip is scheduled or discuss a custom trip based on this itinerary.